SiliconHouse Program – 2013
Belgian SiliconHouse Program
12th of May – 8th of June 2013 (4 weeks)
Mountain View, CA, USA
Organizers: Silicon House together with Paul Stasse, Brussels, Tanguy Peers, San-Francisco
Support team : Antoine Perdeans, Nicolas Frenay
“Application open to all Belgian entrepreneurs”
Are you an entrepreneur? Looking to venture out into the legendary Silicon Valley and establish yourself in the industry? Are you looking for the right connections?
This program is developed in collaboration with the web mission and a meet up in San-Francisco will be organized with the “Mission Princière” (2-9th of June)
Profile of selected entrepreneurs
We select entrepreneurs who have more than only an idea. They must have a website, business plan in progress and/or a platform being built. Their background can vary, but they must commit to the program and their startups must be relevant.
- Application period, 5th – 28th of February, is open to all Belgian entrepreneurs with a seed to mature ICT project.
- A pre-selection will be done upon presentation of a CV, an elevator pitch and a motivation letter.
- 1st March – 15th of March : All candidates will then be interviewed. The best and most motivated profiles will be picked to be part of the 8 people attending the program.
- 15th of March : Announcement of lucky 8
Cost: 2 800 €, includes housing, full program, breakfast (excl travel, transportation & leisure expenses)
Number of attendees: MAX 8 people
You can apply to the program here : Apply to the SiliconHouse Program
What is the Belgian Silicon House?
SiliconHouse offers the ability to immerse yourself in the culture and community of Silicon Valley, in a comfortable living, modern environment with flexible workspace, and introduction to a good network of experienced professionals, mentors, and market entrance partners.
The venue was perfectly selected to allow easy access to major Universities with strong Business, Engineering, Computer Science and Design courses like Stanford University and to connect you to the events taken place in the Valley.
Why should you apply?
These 4 weeks are a very intense period in which you, as an entrepreneur, can focus in building your startup and products and also get advise from local experienced mentors. This is a great opportunity to really make a huge progress and take your business into whole new level.
What will you experience?
- Weekly lectures with local experienced professionals @ the House (The Art of Pitching, What a VC want, Gamifying your business, Marketing, Finance, Legal Aspects, etc…)
- Visit to local companies like Google, Apple, Badgeville, Survey Monkey
- Weekly networking events @ the House with other local entrepreneurs and professionals
- Mentoring: Connection with potential local mentors
- Silicon Valley Agenda: Personalized and customized schedule of events taking place in Silicon Valley during the stay (based on entrepreneurs goal, backgrounds, & expectations – see selection process) and access to Stanford University classes & lectures
- Working agenda: Co-working environment @ the SiliconHouse. The House is equipped to work, or hold meetings
- Leisure Agenda: Know the place & visit the region – recommendations of places to visit like Napa Valley, Carmel, Santa Cruz, San Francisco, etc…